Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Interlude

The Sound of Silence

I've been silent for 3 months because of the tragic death of a stellar young man and friend in our community.  I couldn't bring myself to prattle superficially when words of profound comfort were needed.  I also couldn't bring myself to write about the loss because it's not my pain to own.  Mine is a stubbed toe compared to the avalanche of pain that has buried his family.  I pray for them to reach a little closer to the surface every day.

I'm Back

If you read my previous blog you may be wondering if my back is better.  Healed?  No.  Functioning at a reduced capacity?  Yes.  I've returned to teaching 2 dance cardio classes a week and lifting 50 lb feed bags (though verrrry cautiously).  I don't have constant pain, but I'm reminded of my injury every day with twinges and tightness. 

I'm reminded daily to find my satisfaction in God because I can't just do what I want when I want. 

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
for as many years as we have seen trouble.  Psalm 90:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment