Friday, March 6, 2015

Life Preservers

I woke up this morning to discover that someone had slipped a life preserver around my hips while I slept.  Unfortunately, it did not slip off when pushed.  These are my theories of how it appeared.

1.  I dreamt I was drowning and David Hasselhoff saved me.
2.  My husband was dreaming I was Pamela Anderson and he saved her.
3.  The road to my kitchen in this cozy bungalow is much too short and paved with Oreos.  And Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.

As Carrie Underwood said, "Jesus, take the me-ee-eal.  Take it from my hands.  I can't eat this on my own.  Jesus, take the meal."  Or something like that. 

I've been trying to zumbacize the weight off as fast as it comes on, but it's not working.  I have to face the fact that I eat too much when I'm bored or just want a distraction.  In my Daily Bread reading, Bill Crowder referenced an interview with Amy Adams who played Lois Lane in the Man of Steel, explaining the film's appeal:  "Who doesn't want to believe that there's one person who could come and save us from ourselves?"  Joking aside, I've come to believe that Jesus IS the only one who can save me from myself and my sugar addiction.  Yeshua Ha Mashiach.  His name even means "the Lord saves."

So while I would like to remove the ring around my waist, I certainly will hold tight to the loving arms wrapped around my shoulders.


No comments:

Post a Comment