Monday, March 11, 2013

It was a rough weekend.  You know the line, "Sugar plum fairies dancing in their heads"?  I had donuts dancing in my head in my dream last night.  They were gray, though.  Not sure what flavor that was.  Maybe sin flavor.  I have completed 3 weeks and am beginning week 4.  Ten more days to go. 

Week 3 was uninspiring because my body quit functioning well (think drain clog), I didn't sleep well at all (awake at 4:30 every morning), and I failed to drop any weight.  I know, I know, losing weight is not the point.  It's not a DIET.  But I'm looking for the gold at the end of the rainbow, um, besides the gold of knowing and hungering for God more. 

Okay, here are my spiritual gems this week:  "The Supremacy of God in all things is the great reward we long for in fasting."  Not the slimness of the waist.  "Fasting expresses rather than creates hunger for God."  Still trying to process that one.

And the best one:"Most of us run the risk of being overly 'sensualized' simply by having every craving satisfied and rarely pausing in a moment of self-denial to discover if there are alive within us spiritual appetites that could satisfy us at a much deeper level than food, and that are designed for the honor of God."

On my way to search out bargain chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment